29.10.13

Ten Weeks

            It has been ten weeks since the day I arrived at school in a minivan loaded with odds and ends. It has been far longer since the last blog post. Sometimes life happens too fast to take the time to share and you can only hold on for the ride. The lessons I am learning are never ending. God's grace in never ceasing.

Some lessons I've learned over the past weeks:

- I am so blessed to live in community with God's people. Blessed to love and be loved by people who are beautiful in spirit and striving for heaven.

-Rest is important. You cannot go on forever with no sleep, even though homework load may demand it (real talk right here people).
Found on Pinterest.

- You need to take time for you. This quote sums it up better than I ever could. >>>>>>>

- Use coconut oil for your hair. Use baking soda for everything else. It doesn't get any better than that.

-Be brave. I've stepped outside of my comfort zone more this semester than ever and I have gained so much from it. Have courage. Step out. Even in the smallest of things.

-It is okay to cry in front of people. They will hold you. Admit that you're not always okay.

- Good food can cure any ailment.

-Taking a break from social media can be so freeing. I was without a phone for a few weeks and it really helped me to feel present.

- If your love language is quality time (like mine), car rides are the best. I'm just learning to put this together. Driving the half an hour to church and back every Sunday with a friend is so refreshing.

- A clean room equals a clear mind.

-Things change. This year is not the same as last year. And change can be good.



Song of the post: Close of Autumn- Caedmon's Call

No comments:

Post a Comment