12.8.13

The big and the small (and everything in between).

{As some of you may know, my family has been working through some rough spots this summer. In June, my father was in an accident and suffered a spinal cord injury that took away much of the ability to move his limbs. He's currently in rehabilitation and we are hopeful that he will regain most, if not all, movement to his body.  In dealing with all that comes with this, we've been blessed by many unexpected joys. This post is an attempt at relaying how blessed we are. Soli Deo Gloria.}

This summer I am so thankful for:

-Friends who give from their gardens, their kitchens, and their hearts. Friends who make homemade ice cream and offer hugs without question.

-Meteor showers that leave me breathless.

-Church secretaries who let me empty out the candy bowl and talk about nothing for hours. You know who you are.

-BLTs with fresh tomatoes from the garden.

-Peaches as ripe as summer itself.

-Prayer warriors from all across the country. I can't tell you how full of gratitude this make me. So many of you have lifted us up in front of the creator and sustainer of the universe. Thank you for pouring out your hearts.

-Card games and root beer in glass bottles.

-The dishwasher. For real.

-A very special letter with a postcard of Gilbert Blythe in it :)

-Songs that make me want to dance. An example... dance along too if you'd like!

- A CD of hymns from Passion 2003 that I found in the basement. Old school but much needed.

- Silence.

-So much love shown in so many different ways. Thank you for loving me (and the fam) so well.


"We continue to shout our praise even when we’re hemmed in with troubles, because we know how troubles can develop passionate patience in us, and how that patience in turn forges the tempered steel of virtue, keeping us alert for whatever God will do next. In alert expectancy such as this, we’re never left feeling shortchanged. Quite the contrary—we can’t round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives through the Holy Spirit!" -Romans 5 The Message

Song of the post: Bloom- The Paper Kites

2 comments:

  1. Aw, Kels, you are so loved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so bummed I won't be there to give you a hug in person. Have an amazing semester, I miss you tons girly. PS: You are an incredible example to me of what it means to trust Jesus wholly, no matter what is going on in life. You are an encouragement to those around you! Keep shining for Jesus, my precious friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Elizabeth! It makes me sad to think that I can't just pop in and share my heart (or whatever happens to show up at the top of my head). Let's continue to spread the joy during this adventure!

    ReplyDelete