7.1.14

Philippines: Three Days In

I've only been here for around three days, but I can already feel the change in me and can see it in those around me. Walls (that were never very high to begin with) are coming down amongst those on the team and we are beginning to rejoice in each other's strengths and weaknesses. I keep thinking to myself, I like these people.
The Filipino people are beautiful. They are more warm and open than anyone I have ever met. Time here also moves differently. It flows instead of being split and it meanders and curls around what ever is scheduled.
The longer I am here, the more I realize that I needed this. God knew what he was doing in sending me here. I can breathe here and I can concentrate on loving the people around me. It is hard to put into words.
We don't have very good wifi here (which is honestly a blessing) so I probably will not update as much as I thought I might.  Right now I am going to focus on being present here in this place.

Song of the Post: Promise - Ben Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment