15.1.14

Adventures (big and small)

The last week and a half has been filled with so many adventures here in Manila.

-I've now met real life Aussies!

-The team canoed up the river where Apocalypse Now was filmed.

-We held a worship service for over a hundred children in a church with no chairs and the most beautiful stained glass windows I have ever seen.

-I've begun to realize how small the world really is.

- I've been referred to a Taylor Swift by Filipino children on multiple occasions.

-I've blown bubbles with children whose families make their living by digging through an abandoned trash dump.

-We've worshiped with people from so many different nations.

-I've had my heart stolen by street children who call me aunt in Tagalog. Tita! Tita!

-I've spent every night reflecting on a balcony porch swing.

-I've eaten little dried fish. Face, eyes, and all.

-I've realized that I'm more comfortable being called Teacher Kelsey than Miss Scott.

-We've held babies from the children's home. They have the most beautiful eyelashes I have ever seen and some of the saddest stories I have ever heard.

-We've been stunned by the diverse beauty of the Philippines. We've only been in and around Manila but we've seen everything from shacks made from bits and pieces of corrugated tin to skyscrapers to rolling mountains.

-I've ridden a bamboo raft under a waterfall... one of the craziest moments of my life.

-I've taught children who are so excited to even have the opportunity to go to school and receive an education.

-I've had the opportunity to help with feedings and been heartbroken at the knowledge that the meal that we are providing might be the only nutritious meal that these children will receive all week.

-I've seen people from all over the world become the hands and feet of Jesus. God is moving here in this place.

Song of the Post: Say Something- Great Big World

No comments:

Post a Comment