1.4.13

Spring Break (snapshots and observations)

A few snapshot moments from spring break.

When I'm coming home from school, I always know I'm getting close because pump-jacks, pumping oil, start to dot the fields. These are always little fires next to these, burning off the gas. Those fires are like beacons calling me home.

I watched The Blues Brothers. It was great. I love that movie with a passion. Nothing more needs to be said.

My brother and I drove around (cause that's really all there is to do in my lovely hometown) jamming with the bass up listening to Taylor Swift... in a minivan. We're too cool for school. And I love my brother lots and lots. It was wonderful.

I got to fry up like two pounds of bacon while listening to The Beatles. Bacon is awesome and so are The Beatles. So basically I was just surrounded by a cloud of awesome. And the smell of bacon. It's the small things.

We celebrated Easter as a family. It was wonderful to hear and meditate on the resurrection story. Jesus is alive, people!!!!! Our God is so good.
As each year goes by, I think that I develop a deeper love for sunrise service. It's still dark when we head to church and the world is  so new and young when we leave.

Easter day with the family was great, as always. We ate until we couldn't move and then ate more.

I'm so blessed.

I road tripped it back to school with one of my really good friends, and while we had some great conversations, I liked just sitting in silence and looking out the window at the fields rolling by and enjoying each other's company.

Now I'm back enjoying a somewhat clean dorm room and chocolate from the Easter bunny. What could be better?


Song of the post: Dirty Paws- Of Monsters And Men




No comments:

Post a Comment