20.3.13

The first day of spring.

Happy Spring! If you live in the Midwest, happy first day of the rainy season!!!

I'm not going to lie... Spring is my least favorite of the seasons. I think I like the idea of spring, the idea of new life and green things and the earth stirring. But in reality, it just rains. A lot. And everyone is perpetually damp. Which is just gross.
So that's my rant about spring. I had to get it out of my system.
I think that this year I'm going to try harder to notice the new life around me. I'm going to try and see the rain as nourishing, the chicken noodle soup and hot tea for the growing, healing earth.

Life here just continues to roll along. Sunday was St. Patrick's Day and I was able to spend it drinking shamrock shakes and singing songs by The Proclaimers (who are actually Scottish...). Spring break starts soon and I'm going home to see my wonderful family. God is continuing to wave flags in front of my face and I'm learning to clue in. Life is good :)



Song of the post: Stray Italian Greyhound- Vienna Teng

No comments:

Post a Comment