22.4.13

More fields... and a book.


Today, some people (I don't actually know who) came to burn the field of grassland right across from the school.
 A big group of students and profs, with their families, showed up sit on the ground across the street and watch a field burn. You can tell that we don't get out too much. Or maybe we just enjoy the simple moments.
It smelled like fresh grass and smoke and summer. It sounded like people laughing and small children running around and birds chirping. I was so full of joy in that moment, sitting on a blanket watching people and fire in a field.

On another note, I've sort of changed my major. Not really, I'm still Elementary Education but I'm going to be able to teach middle school Language Arts as well.
God and I have been going back and forth about this for a while. Mostly because junior highers can be scary. I don't like scary.
But I've also discovered that they're just kids. They just need a little more firmness and a little more love than they ever have before. And I think that I can give them that... well, God seems to think that.
So I'm doing that. It feel right.
Due to this Language Arts stuff, I'm currently working on some lesson plans to go along with The Book Thief, one of my favorite books of all time. It's fun. I'm actually excited about what I'm going to be doing with it.
 The book is one of the most human books I've ever read. (I don't know if that makes any sense but it's the only way I can describe it.) For real, people, check it out.

It's been a crazy busy week. Beyond the burning field, I  had the teensyist moment of free time today and I wanted to share my (strange) excitement about lesson plans and my, it's almost summer!moment with you.

Song of the Post: Only Love- Ben Howard

2 comments:

  1. Yay, it is almost summer! You can make it through these next weeks. Remember, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming... :) Thanks for reminding me to step back and enjoy the little things in life!
    Lizzie
    lizzieindisney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can both do it! Thanks Lizzie!

    ReplyDelete